Transition at WPS
Kinder to Foundation Transition
The Launch into Learning Program is a transition program designed to assist children with the transition from Kindergarten/Childcare to Primary School. The program aims to get children and parents familiar with our school facilities, meet the teachers and experience fun, engaging learning activities that introduce them to the environment and structure of school. The program has proven in previous years to be a huge success, preparing children for the many years of learning ahead.
Year 6 to 7 Transition
At Wantirna Primary School we acknowledge that students at all levels need to feel safe and secure in their learning environment to learn effectively. We recognise the challenges associated with moving from Year 6 to Year 7. To ensure a smooth and enjoyable movement for students and families out of our school, through the provision of appropriate transition program, our school will:
- Develop and maintain strong links between the Secondary Colleges in the local area
- Follow the enrolment process and current procedures as detailed by the Department of Education and Training
- Provide time for transition co-ordinators from both government and non-government secondary colleges – to meet with their future students and their Year 6 teachers upon request
- Complete relevant documentation of student information for future secondary schools
- Provide information about secondary school information nights and visits to parents / carers
- Provide opportunities for students to visit their future secondary school.